Roundie Towel: The Beach People
We’re ringing in the New Year…Island Style! We may have mentioned that we won’t post often, but when we do…you know it’s good…REAL STINKIN’ GOOD. I wanted to share with y’all some of my favorite recipes for any celebration, that will make an easy, last minute, delicious recipe that will impress and sometimes, thankfully silence, your most ‘Robin Leach’ish’ of friends. Because ’round here… it’s ‘Pomegranate Champagne wishes and Rolo Cookie dreams’…eat that Robin.
HOMEMADE ‘RIDONCULOUS’ ROLO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter; softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoon vanilla
3 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
(I prefer the ‘guttered’ brand of chocolate chips because they are ‘peanut’ and gluten free, ‘enjoy life’ is another brand of chocolate chips sans dairy, gluten, and nuts)
25-30 Rolos; Frozen at least 2 hours
Parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat the remaining ingredients in this order, until light and fluffy after each addition (you’ll thank me for this tip later): Beat butters first until fluffy, add eggs (beat until fluffy), add Vanilla (fluff sum more), Brown sugar (fluff mcguff), and white sugar (can you guess? yea…until ‘fluffy’).
- Add flour and baking soda…fluff fluff fluff shmuff.
- Mix in chocolate chips
- spoon dough (about 1.5 table spoons), flatten int he palm of your hands.
- Place a frozen rolo in the center and form the dough back into a ball around the rolo.
- Place rolo stuffed cookie dough balls in the freezer for 15-20 minutes (this is a legit step, not to be missed…you can air kiss me later with thanks, or send a gift…).
- Place dough balls on lined cookie sheet with either parchment or silicone baking mat about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-13 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft) – I like to take mine out when my finger still makes a slight dent and let them finish baking on the pan out of the oven…it’s usually around 10-11 minutes.
- Remove cookies at 7-8 minutes when almost flat and sprinkle sea salt on the tops. Add back into the oven for remaining time.
2 tbsp pure 100% pomegranate juice, chilled
1 Tablespoon Cointreau
1/2 Teaspoon pomegranate seeds (or frozen cranberries)
1/2 Teaspoon lime juice (sweetened lime juice if you’d like)
Champagne or sparking wine, chilled
Servings: 1 champagne cocktail
- Spoon pom seeds or frozen cranberries into bottom of Champagne flute.
- Add Pomegranate juice, Cointreau and lime juice.
- Top off the flute with chilled Champagne or Sparkling Wine.
ENJOY & HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF OUR AMAZING FOLLOWERS! XO