Life has been a total whirlwind at BB Headquarters. Between preparing for Miami Swim Week and designing the Fall 2015 collections, we’ve barely had a chance to sit down and smell the roses…. or rather eat the sweet sweet ice cream. So today, from Miami Beach, we are celebrating this amazing opportunity to partner with Indah Clothing in their show tonight. How? With ice cream, obviously. We’ll be taking a quick break from snapping photos and decking models out in jewels to grab a treat at our favorite little place, The Frieze. The best part is, we don’t even feel bad for indulging because it’s made from all natural ingredients with no artificial ingredients, additives, or preservatives. In that case, we’ll have another scoop please!
If you can’t be out by the beach enjoying a sprinkle-covered scoop, then make your own at home! We promise it’s much easier than you think. With our busy schedules, we don’t have time for churnin’, but with this simple recipe, you can have homemade ice cream in no time. And don’t just think you’ll have one bite, this ice cream didn’t last too long in our office. Here are the recipes that keep us screaming for ice cream:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz (1 can) sweetened condenses milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
Add cream, milk, vanilla, honey and salt to a bowl and mix. Whip until stiff peaks form. Stir in the chocolate. Spoon the ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze 4 hours or overnight. Enjoy!
In our office, we have a severe nut allergy, a gluten intolerance and a lactose intolerance… so our snacks usually consist of apples and sunflower seed butter rather than peanut butter crackers. That being said, we have to give a shoutout to all of our allergen friends out there with this gluten-free, dairy-free delicious ice cream recipe.
Chocolate Dairy-Free (Gluten-free, nut free) Ice Cream
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 6 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum, for thickening
- 1.5 vanilla extract
- Add cocoa powder and half of the almond milk to a saucepan over medium heat and whisk to combine. Add remaining almond milk and bring to a simmer. Stir occasionally, then remove from heat about 2-3 minutes after.
- In a large mixing bowl, add egg yolks and whisk until they lighten in color. Slowly add in the sugar while whisking vigorously. The mixture will become thick and have a ribboning effect.
- Scoop 1/3 of the almond/cocoa mixture and whisk to combine. Add until completely combined.
- Stir in xanthan gum.
- Stir in vanilla extract
- Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours until completely cooled.
(You can also have fun with this recipe by mixing in any of your favorite GF, Nut Free and Dairy Free toppings before refrigerating!)
Now our sweet tooth is calling, so we’re off to The Frieze! Happy National Ice Cream Day!