It can get pretty hot down here in the South! Even if you’re not in the South and just want a cooling and refreshing drink, here are a few of Blaine Bowen‘s favorite drink recipes:
Cherry Limeade…a Sonic fave that you can have all the time!
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate, any brand
- (1) 2 liter bottle of Sprite (or equivalent soda)
- (1) 10 oz. jar maraschino cherries, with juice
- 1 lime
- pebble ice (optional)
- Chill all ingredients in the fridge until they are cool.
- Slowly pour Sprite, melty limeade and cherries into a large pitcher and mix slowly to preserve carbonation.
- Fill glasses with pebble ice, then pour in your limeade.
- Slime limes to garnish, and enjoy!
Virgin Shirley Temple
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup gingerale
- ½ cup lime soda
- 2 tbsp of grenadine
- slices of lime for garnish
- maraschino cherries with stems for garnish
- Fill a large glass half full with ice cubes.
- Layer the drink with orange juice first, ginger ale, lime soda, then grenadine.
- Add 2 slices of lime and a maraschino cherry to the beverage, serve un-stirred.
- Stir before drinking.
Citrus Strawberry Mocktail
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 4 tablespoons strawberry simple syrup (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Chopped strawberries and lime slices for garnish
- Mix zest of lime and sugar together to create lime sugar.
- Dip rim of glass in water then immediately into lime sugar to coat rim of glass in sugar.
- Mix lemon-lime soda, simple syrup, and macerated strawberries together until well combined.
- Garnish with chopped strawberries and lime slices.
Strawberry Mango Coolers
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup diced mango
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup Mango-Orange Juice (or regular orange juice)
- 1 liter of Sprite or Club Soda
- Add strawberries, mango, honey and orange juice to a blender and blend until smooth. Place in a airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour about ⅓ cup of strawberry mango mixture over ice. Top with Sprite or club soda and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Which one is your favorite? Tag us in your photos on Instagram, #BlaineBowen.
Stay hydrated and wear sunscreen!
If you saw our last blog post, Blaine Bowen in the Bahamas, then you may have realized we love the sun! However, we also love our skin and making sure it remains healthy and beautiful. With a little help from the below 9 products we are able to keep our face and body at tip-top shape and ready for anything.
Take a look below and find some of our favorite products from Sephora. We are sure if you try any of these items you won’t be disappointed!
Items listed from left to right
Our personal favorite product from the above list is hands down the Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment. This powerful little guy makes our faces look clearer and more radiant after every use. As with any Glamglow product, you’ll have to pay a bit more for it, but the outcome is incredible. If you are wiling to pay the $69 to buy this product we are sure your skin will thank you!
If you have any summer beauty tips comment below. We love hearing what our readers think!
Does anything go better together than a sunny beach and vibrant bracelets?
At Blaine Bowen we can honestly tell you that no, there isn’t anything much better than that! Lying in a room with a group of fuzzy puppies or a HUGE gift card to the M & M factory may be a close second, but this week we will definitely take the beach option! Which is exactly what our designer Blaine has done! Soaking up inspiration and family time in the Bahamas, Blaine has been documenting her amazing travels on Instagram. See below for a few of our favorite images!
To follow along with Blaine’s adventures yourself, make sure to follow us on Instagram @blaine_bowen.
Who doesn’t like a good DIY project?! DIY’s can be easy and fun or expensive and a headache. Here are some of Blaine Bowen’s favorite DIY’s that you can completed on your day off or even in an evening!
- Heat transfer paper
…ombre is still popular, right?!
- Fabric spraypaint (Jo-Ann, Michael’s, Walmart)
Dry Erase Frame
- Picture Frame
- Decorative Paper
- Dry erase marker
…we know that it’s still summertime, but how cute is this beanie!
- Applique or broken jewelry
Which DIY project are you going to try? Tag us in your photo on Instagram, #BlaineBowen. What are your favorite DIY projects?
It’s mid-July and here in Texas we are melting! Okay, not really, but it’s super hot!
All this week our temperatures are 100 or higher. In Arizona the temperatures are 110 or higher! Given the increasing heat in the US, we at Blaine Bowen decided to try some new frozen treat recipes. We have scoured the internet and a lot of Pinterest boards to find 9 of our MUST TRY recipes ranging from healthy to a little boozy. Scroll down and follow the images from left to right and find each item listed below. We are sure you will be able to find a MUST TRY recipe too.
Listed from left to right:
Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bites
Cotton Candy Ice Cream
Raspberry Lemonade Slushies
Strawberry Coconut Popsicles
Cake Batter Popsicles
Gummy Bear and Sprite Popsicles
Frozen Wine Marinated Grapes
Kiwi Coconut Chia Popsicles
As a special bonus we are adding this recipe for Jello Sherbet Ice Cream. Look how beautiful it is! Not to mention that you can wipe this ice cream up easily.
Are you still looking for more awesome frozen treat ideas? Check out our Blaine Bowen SUMMER! Pinterest board. We stock it full with all our favorite recipes, activities, and BB style!
Blaine Bowen’s best seller is back in stock…but not for long! This immediate sell-out has been restocked 5x and we just can’t seem to get enough of it! Carried by multiple boutique and featured on Buzzfeed, Blaine hit it out of the park with this original design!
Everyone definitely understands feeling more adult-‘ish’ than adult sometimes. We’ve all been there! So make sure to grab yourself an Adult-ish tee and check out how Blaine and her fur baby, Rufus, style her BB Adult-ish tee!
Ready to snag the Adult-ish tee? Click here to purchase!