It can get pretty hot down here in the South! Even if you’re not in the South and just want a cooling and refreshing drink, here are a few of Blaine Bowen‘s favorite drink recipes:
Cherry Limeade…a Sonic fave that you can have all the time!
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate, any brand
- (1) 2 liter bottle of Sprite (or equivalent soda)
- (1) 10 oz. jar maraschino cherries, with juice
- 1 lime
- pebble ice (optional)
- Chill all ingredients in the fridge until they are cool.
- Slowly pour Sprite, melty limeade and cherries into a large pitcher and mix slowly to preserve carbonation.
- Fill glasses with pebble ice, then pour in your limeade.
- Slime limes to garnish, and enjoy!
Virgin Shirley Temple
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup gingerale
- ½ cup lime soda
- 2 tbsp of grenadine
- slices of lime for garnish
- maraschino cherries with stems for garnish
- Fill a large glass half full with ice cubes.
- Layer the drink with orange juice first, ginger ale, lime soda, then grenadine.
- Add 2 slices of lime and a maraschino cherry to the beverage, serve un-stirred.
- Stir before drinking.
Citrus Strawberry Mocktail
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 4 tablespoons strawberry simple syrup (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Chopped strawberries and lime slices for garnish
- Mix zest of lime and sugar together to create lime sugar.
- Dip rim of glass in water then immediately into lime sugar to coat rim of glass in sugar.
- Mix lemon-lime soda, simple syrup, and macerated strawberries together until well combined.
- Garnish with chopped strawberries and lime slices.
Strawberry Mango Coolers
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup diced mango
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup Mango-Orange Juice (or regular orange juice)
- 1 liter of Sprite or Club Soda
- Add strawberries, mango, honey and orange juice to a blender and blend until smooth. Place in a airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour about ⅓ cup of strawberry mango mixture over ice. Top with Sprite or club soda and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Which one is your favorite? Tag us in your photos on Instagram, #BlaineBowen.
Stay hydrated and wear sunscreen!